Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Ramblings and Updates

Woke up late this morning. I went to bed late last night and the ole body wanted its normal eight hours; that along with losing an hour this weekend to Daylight Savings didn't help. Spring is coming. Woo Hoo! (Sorry, I got off subject).

I woke up late because Spousal Unit tries to be kind and turns the alarm off on Friday evenings hoping that I will sleep later than 5:00am on weekends.

Now, I remembered to change the time on all the clocks. Except the VCR 'cause I don't know how. If I was interested enough I would figure it out, but I'm not. I sure hope the TIVO is automatic cause I still don't know how to work it much less changing any of the settings. (Sorry, another tangent).

Anyway, I did all the stuff the Spousal Unit usually does but I forgot to turn on the alarm. My bad, sorta. He does spoil me, a lot. So....some stuff I just don't think about doing until its too late. Like waking up at 6:30 this morning and running really late for work. The alarm is now turned back on and all I can do is hope the body has adjusted and I am smart enough to go to bed in a timely manner.

Besides, its his fault anyway, he's not here.

Talking about sleep and stuff, here is an update to the Moving to Germany Saga:

Spousal Unit's First Full Day in Germany

I survived my first day of Grip and Grin. (Meeting colleagues) Tomorrow is round 2.

Today's accomplishments included: opening my savings and checking accounts; meeting a bunch of people (some of whom I might remember); and getting a tour of the area. Tomorrow is introduction at the staff meeting, and 2 other meetings. I will also try to contact former secretary and good friend tomorrow.

I tried starting the work with housing referral, but they need a letter verifying that I will be working here. I got the letter this afternoon at 1530 (3:30); just before it started raining. I hope to initiate the research tomorrow afternoon. OBTW, I was wondering. Do you have a preference about living in a town (with markets, banks, restaurants), or in a village (usually without those amenities)? Not sure, both are good options, depends on the house.

I did have my first currywurst, and I was disappointed. They have a schnitzel stand at the BX, but they serve only weiss wurst. I asked, and the lady said she is not allowed to serve rote. (Currywurst is a sausage very similar to and worlds apart from Polish sausage, topped with ketchup and lots of curry powder). Weiss is a mild pork sausage and Rote is a beef sausage. Germany must have hundreds of types and all I have eaten are wonderful).

I had also forgotten about landlords turning the heat off at night. I woke up at some time around midnight, and I was roasting under the duvet. (The Hotels have thick feather duvets and no sheets. It is really a roast or freeze situation for many Americans who are used to having blankets. He should have opened a window). I threw it off, and froze. I tried the half-and-half solution, but that didn't work either. I might wear a shirt tonight. I need to get more than 4 hours of sleep. I think it will be an early night for me (8???).

I'll send more tomorrow. Love you.

More to follow, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Hi! I'm Kim said...

Sending greetings from the USofA. Keep us posted on the developments, especially the culinary kind.

She who said...

Hey Kim,
I am still in the States. Spousal Unit is in Germany on a fact finding, meet all the players, and find us a house trip.
He will be gone for two weeks and I am keeping all my readers informed of his adventures through his emails with my commentary added for clarification.
Trust me, when I get over there I will keep you all informed. Schnitzels, warm broetchen from the bakeries.etc.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,