Friday, August 29, 2008

Today Was Supposed To Be My Last Day

Today was supposed to be my last day. OMG, my big boss just got back into town last night and this morning quote, unquote he said. "I'm getting all the blood out of this turnip." The turnip was me.

I can kinda' understand this sentiment because I am the most knowledgeable person in the office with MS Office.

I worked my A$$ off getting the document put together, knowing that it will not be accepted in its current format.

On the other hand.....

I didn't get to do any of the out-briefing duties that needed to be done. I didn't get to clean out the dorm fridge I keep in the office.

I didn't get to clean out my inbox. I didn't get to clean out all the personal stuff that I stored on my hard drive.

I didn't get to copy all my pictures to the thumb drive to store on my personal laptop.

What I did do was change up my blog last week to include the view from my soon to be new backyard to keep me focused on what I need to do to get me there.

I don't think that they realize that I am really leaving. The team Mom has left the building and I won't be taking care of them anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did the best you could. Good luck with Germany. Can't wait to see all that happens there!

Kim said...

Run away!!