Friday, August 8, 2008

Corn

We picked some more corn. Not as much as the other night but a goodly amount.



Tanner was a big help and brought the bags of corn over to us so we could shuck the ears with out getting up to grab another bag. We had a regular production line going on.

Oops. There are the "She Who" toes again. I was totally covered in corn silks. It was a hot night and the silks started to get really sticky, itchy.


We're making some progress. That's my Waki Jaki, sitting on the front porch shucking corn.




That's the last of the of the shucks. We had the kids take them out to the cows for them to munch. Now everybody is happy.

It doesn't get much better than this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to put the kids to work, too! At least country living agrees with you. I have a feeling I'd be way more Green Acres than you!

Anonymous said...

So I'm thinking you should bring some of that corn to me. There is nothing I love more in the summertime than fresh corn on the cob and I've only had good stuff once. It's very sad...