Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me

We sorta held a drink our booze night last night. Most, many, of my co-workers were out of town, so they didn't attend.

Eldest son invited some of his friends and they obliged and drank some of the stuff.

I woke up at 3:30 am and came out for a glass of water. The ice was gone. I guess Margarettas needed to be frozen and they used all the ice.

At least I was properly clothed when I came out. I tend to sleep walk. Major, embarrassing moments in the past.

I woke up because the wind was so strong, that the doors were rattling and with the window open, the trees were making sounds that were so loud, that I couldn't sleep.

A little after I went back to bed, we lost power.

This may have been a blessing in disguise. I got a lot accomplished today.

I have been avoiding some of the stuff that needs to be done. I've been just too overwhelmeed to function. I went through the house and cleared out the FreeCycle, Recycle stuff, but I really needed to figure what I would take to Germany stuff.

Sometimes nature figures out what is best.

Anyway, power has now been restored, and I can put out a blog.

If this is the least that happens on Mother's Day, I'll take it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got rid of some of your booze. And you now have power.

Good luck with the continued organization and packing and all that. One step at a time, right?

krysta said...

You should have brought it all to the pot luck, those socks would drink anything!