Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jim, My Man

Life is starting to speed up.

Yesterday "the guys" showed up. They started out first thing in the morning to.... swarm over the house and tackled many of the tasks we are unable to do or have just run out of time to do.

Yesterday was amazing.

The guys knocked out stuff that would have taken Spousal Unit two or three weeks to accomplish. Not that Spousal Unit is incapable of doing any of these tasks; he is, after all, my hero. It is just that Spousal Unit is a major Geek.

He has come a long way in the 29 years that we have been married, but this type of work is not what he does every day. He would have figured out how to do the work, but it would take more time than he has left to accomplish those tasks.

As an aside, when we were newlyweds, I asked him to get me a screwdriver. He looked at me strangely and asked why I wanted to start drinking so early in the day.

Since then, he has gained several names, depending on the task, as I have mentioned in past posts and learned how to accomplish those tasks. So the man is learning "Manly Things" other than just "Geeky Things." He is, a "Renaissance Man", after all.

He just doesn't do them on a daily basis and tends to think....them through.

Any way, Jim is my man, Waki Jaki I am so sorry, I want your husband. Other than being in a Polygamy situation, at the moment, Jim, can I marry you?

No comments: