Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am So "Right on the Money"

I was naughty today. I called in sick. Actually, I called in sick yesterday evening. I may have to give my boss a kiss. NOT.

We had the Move Survey this morning. I didn't think that Spousal Unit was up to it by himself. He's a guy... just give him a chair to sit on at the dinner table, a sofa and the remote in front of the TV, and a bed to sleep on. This makes the guy happy. He might have had me put in storage. Ya never know.

I, on the other hand, collect STUFF. I have lots of STUFF. I no longer collect STUFF. But, I don't want to give all my good STUFF away. I have been giving alot of STUFF away, but not the good STUFF.

I also just decided that STUFF is now a new favorite word. Awesome.

The Moving Survey Lady showed up a little late, 'cause she got lost. This occurs often at the Fiefdom. The house is mostly hidden from the road. I like it that way.

When she arrived she immediately got down to business and asked several questions. Do we have boats, cars to ship, hot tubs, skidoos. None of the above.

Moving on.

Last night I printed out little labels. They are for Storage, Ship to Germany, and N/A (getting rid of that particular item). I scurried around the house and taped labels onto everything in the house. The house now looks like a preschool with everything labeled.

All in all, we did good. Her estimate says that I am so "right on the money" determining what we choose to take and the space allowance.

Can you give me an AMEN????

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!! So, when does the shopping start? You know that I want to come shop in your basement, front room, where ever. :-) Glad to see that you still have your packing skills. Hope you are having a good day. Just think it will be in the 70's on Wed!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Just incase it is of any interest to you i thought i would let you know that, a while back i found a british labels company who were selling plain labels at a really low price. I am unsure what their prices are like now so if you are at all interested then it may be worth taking a look at their site.

Kim said...

Nice job! I doubt Spousal Unit would have kept you in storage. But that was funny!

krysta said...

And now it begins....