Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Two Down - None To Go

I leased my house yesterday.

Felt really tired the the day before. Son Number One called my cell phone at two in the morning. He was locked out of the house and needed in. I got out of bed to answer the phone and let him in the house.

The problem was I couldn't get back to sleep, so I gave up the ghost, and stayed up. I decided to call in sick again. I am so naughty recently. I determined that there were lots of errands and chores that could be accomplished in my sleep deprived state that needed to be done and work was not one of them.

I went to the property management company to deliver the photos of the house because my connection to the Internet has been shaky at best recently. I also got another sign for the end of the lane. The company put a sign on the property near the house but unless someone knew to look for the house, drivers wouldn't see the that the house was for rent.

Late in the afternoon I was outside the house taking a break with the boys when a car pulled up the lane. A lady got out and said that they were doing a drive by so that they could view the house the next day.

I asked her if she wanted to take a quick peek now. When she realized I was the owner and not the cleaning lady she agreed to take a look.

An hour and a half later the whole family was drooling and asked what they needed to do to sign the lease. I called the property management company and put them on the phone. They went to the management office and filled out the rental application. I got a call later that night and was told they qualified. They signed the lease the yesterday.

I passed the reinspection for the occupancy permit today. They move in next Thursday. My cleaning and painting saga are coming to an end. The house looks really good and I can get a life again.

1 comment:

Kim said...

YAYAYAYAYAY! Happy dance!