Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Am Amplifying. Enunciating. Exulting. Helping.

This past week I really slacked off on the house. Its not dirty or messy, but not up to the standards that I have kept for the past few months. Yes, the laundry is mostly done, folded and put away. The dishes are clean and in the cabinets. The larder is stocked and ready for me to go on another cooking binge. But, the dust bunnies are multiplying and the furniture has acquired a new protective layer of dust.

Suzy Homemaker seems to have left the building. The reason is because....

I met with a lady this week, who is responsible for sending out the section's newsletter every month. She is overwhelmed by this task. Can you say computer illiterate? She doesn't know how to do what needs to be done, to assemble and edit the letter.

The meeting didn't start out with her asking me about my computer skills. It was just a friendly meeting, to get together for coffee, to get to know each other a little better date.

I told her a little, actually a lot, about myself and her eyes just got bigger and bigger. I think she thinks I am her guardian angel. (Not really, but that felt really good to type.)

I have skill sets that are totally alien to her and I am so........

TOTALLY BORED AT THE MOMENT THAT I LEPT AT THE PROSPECT OF DOING SOME SORT OF PRODUCTIVE WORK!!!!!!

No, I am not shouting. I am amplifying. Enunciating. Exulting. Helping.

I took the volunteer job and am so glad it was offered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I blog when I should be cleaning. I won't judge. :)