Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It Is Beautiful

I arrived safely in San Diego. My SMIL, Ma, picked me up at the airport. I didn't have any of the trauma that I had during my trip from Frankfurt to St. Louis. The weather was/is glorious and I immediately had to change my clothes from burrrrrr cold to ahhhhh warm.

The day I arrived also happened to be my father-in-laws birthday. Since the airport is in the downtown area, Ma asked me if I wanted to go visit him. I did. He passed away in late September and I still miss him. He was a good father-in-law to me.

Spousal Unit, being in the military for many years, had known that his father was eligible for burial in a military cemetery and asked Ma if this was what she wanted for Papa Charlie. She agreed and they chose the military cemetery at Fort Rosecrans. The fort is located on Point Loma.

One of the views from the site.

Another view from the cemetery. I have spent a lot of time in San Diego over these past 30 years and have never before been to this site. It is beautiful.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful resting place.