Thursday, June 18, 2009

Getting Off This Newly Acquired Lazy Butt

The gal across the street, out of the blue, knocked on the door this morning and asked if I wanted ride with her to the base where she works. I have been wanting to go, so of course, I said yes.

She is a teacher at the school there and I am interested in becoming a substitute teacher. All this leisure is wearing me down. I am not fond of being a lady of leisure. Or being a lady who lunches.

On the other hand I have not been wanting a traditional job. The time spent here in Germany is like a second honeymoon. A regular job, even part time, would not allow me to travel like I want.

Any who, I went with her and met the principal and had a nice chat. I can start some of the process online and finish up when the gals in the office get back from vacation.

We did a couple of errands and had lunch at Popeye's. The chicken is good and I just had a breast and a drink.

I am glad I went. I determined that the drive is do-able and the school is small enough not to get lost. Now, it is just a matter of getting off this newly acquired, lazy butt and start the process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah getting moving really does stink but I'm sure you'll do it. Good luck!